During the Stampede you need to be prepared for anything and everything, however, you also don’t want to be lugging around a tote bag full of junk you may or may not use. Therefore, I have narrowed my bag down to five essentials items.
- Sunglasses Calgary has been consistently sunny all summer so in addition to protecting your skin with sunscreen, it’s important that you protect your eyes. Sunglasses are both practical and trendy. I wear Hexagonal Flat Glasses by Ray-Ban. They are a great twist on the mega popular Round Sunglasses by Ray-Ban and will ensure that you stand out of the crowd.
- Bandana Bandanas have a multitude of uses; from shielding your face from dust to simply being a cute neck-tie. Other styling options include tying your bandana to a plain purse or a belt loop to add a western vibe.
- Perfume Let’s face it, everyone gets sweaty in the sweltering Calgary heat. Therefore, it’s imperative that you come prepared with deodorant and/or perfume. Stash a few perfume samples in your bag, or if you’re set on one perfume, invest in a travel-size roller ball of your favourite scent. Personally, I couldn’t go a day without Elizabeth and James White Nirvana.
- Tickets Never forget to leave home without tickets to an event. I can not count the number of times I’ve been sitting on the LRT on my way to a venue when I remember my tickets are sitting on the kitchen counter at home.
- Business Card For Grayscale, networking is everything and you never know who you might bump into on the street! We always carry business cards with us for making contacts on the go.
*Please note that I have intentionally excluded items including your phone and money that are not unique to the Stampede.